Mini Embroidery Case Kit
Please read the entire listing!
Claudia of Colorway Arts recently reached out to me about collaborating and I immediately fell in love with her cartonnage projects! The turquoise sewing kit pictured is my first completed project and I'm just so excited with how it turned out. I'm so proud of myself for making something so practical yet adorable!
If you can do embroidery, you can make this mini sewing kit, too. The finished project is perfect for keeping a simple travel stash of stitchy goodies such as your embroidery scissors, favorite needles, and a bobbin or two of thread.
Please note the supplies below that you WILL NEED to complete this project. I've also included a list of tools that are helpful but not absolutely necessary. However, if you think you may be doing more cartonnage projects in the future (more collaborations between Claudia and I are coming!) then they may be worth the investment.
This Mini Embroidery Case Kit includes:
- One Mini Sewing Kit DIY Kit from Colorway Arts which includes all of the cut cartonnage pieces you will need for assembly of the case
- 2 skeins of variegated embroidery floss from either DMC (for the turquoise fabric case) or Lecien Cosmo (for the taupe or blue fabric case). The new blue fabric case comes with a skein of 5010 (pale yellow) for the flowers and 5015 (light turquoise) for the greenery. If you'd like a different color swapped in (for example, the subtle orange DMC 4128 please leave a note at check out.
- A piece of printed fabric, permanently stamped with the full color design. This large fabric piece also includes the colored fabric for the inside elements of the embroidery case.
- One 5 inch beechwood embroidery hoop
- Two size 3 embroidery needles
- A length of ribbon to use as the closure for the embroidery case
- Color printed instructions for the simple hand embroidery design
- A copy of the Beginner Guide
- The link for the online cartonnage assembly instructions
*IMPORTANT* Other supplies you will need:
- Glue such as acid-free PVA glue for book binding or even classic Elmer's. See Claudia's blog post for more information.
- Glue applicator such as a paint brush, small paint roller, or sponge
- Fabric cutting tool such as fabric scissors or a rotary cutter
- Masking tape
- Scrap cloth or paper towels to keep things clean
Other tools that are not required (Claudia will show you how to assemble the kits with and without these tools), but may be helpful to you: