Find the updated (October 2017) beginner's pattern here!
Did someone say free?!? Click HERE to "purchase" the downloadable pattern for $0.
Got it? Now print it out!
What else will you need?
- Some simple cotton fabric. You can head to the quilting solids sections of the fabric store and grab something or just use that random pillowcase you have laying around.
- An embroidery hoop. I prefer wood but some like plastic. This design will fit in a 5 inch hoop, but you can shrink it or enlarge it to fit your needs.
- Six stranded embroidery floss. I used the following DMC colors: 152, 368, 783, 793, 913, 991, 3328, 3687, 3776, 3815, 3836.
- Scissors. Cute little embroidery scissors plus big sharp fabric scissors if possible.
- Back Stitch
- Split Stitch
- Padded Satin Stitch
- Satin Stitch
- Fishbone Stitch
- (Fake) Stem Stitch
- Woven Wheel (aka Spider Web Rose)
- Detached Chain Stitch
- French Knots